Investigation Post

Spencer From ICarly

    Nickelodeon's classic television series ICarly has cemented itself in TV history to the younger generation. Though it's lovable characters, quirky setting and interesting stories are the main attractors, one aspect of the show I kept returning to would be the character of Spencer. He is the older brother of the man character, he is played by Jerry Trainor and adds great comedic relief through his character's interesting art portfolio. The artwork that Spencer produces can only be best described as expressive and confusing. I believe that though in reality, all of the art was produced by the writers of the show, I want to analyze each piece through the mind of Spencer.


Here is Bottle Bot, it has appeared in every episode of the show, as it is a piece set decoration in Spencer's apartment. Through the eyes of Spencer, I believe the piece to represent Spencer himself. Multiple times throughout the show, Spencer will break down and express his desire to be different and not want to be like everyone else. Bottle Bot is a machine fueled by soda, a machine that was built just like many others, another aspect of Spencer is that he relies on sugar and caffeine, so Bottle Bot is Spencer if he was the same as everyone else.






Another interesting work by Spencer would be that of Merry Sniffmas, despite the awkward nature of its looks, I believe it to have a deeper meaning. In the show ICarly, Carly lives with her adult brother and guardian Spencer in Seattle. For what reason would Carly not live with her Mother? I believe that Carly lives with Spencer because their relationship with their mother is not good, and since their father is in the Navy, the family never felt complete. Christmas is supposed to be a time where everyone is gathered around the tree sharing gifts. Since the Shay family was never together and good, Christmas became tainted in Spencer's mind, which is why he would associate it with stinky feet.
By far my favorite piece created by Spencer would be the short film by the name of The Alien, The Space Hamster, and the Burrito. The entire film is only about 12 seconds and is about an Alien on which can be best guessed to be on Mars, introducing himself to a space hamster, as a burrito falls to the surface. I have been able to analyze all the works so far but to be frank, I have no clue on this one. I believe this is simply beyond human compression, maybe the aliens on mars can understand this, we can't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Camera - Exposure Triangle

Film Techniques

Investigation Blogpost